Principles Guiding AHRC and ALRC Programmes
- Victims-directed approach must be combined with structural reforms needed to prevent human rights abuse and to promote rights;
- Protest work will be combined with a community-based approach. In this, building of a support base in church and religious groups will be given priority;
- UN-directed approach must be combined with regional and country based human rights promotional activities;
- Human rights promotion must be combined with promotion of democracy and rule of law;
- The issues of poverty eradication, gender equality, caste, indigenous peoples’ and minorities’ rights must be brought into all programmes.